Referring Doctor’s


Markham Hearing Centre appreciates specialist and family doctor’s patient referrals and guarantees to treat your patients in a way that guarantees their satisfaction. This includes:

  • OHIP covered hearing tests – As we are supervised by ENT doctors our hearing tests are covered by OHIP.
  • All hearing tests are done by registered audiologists.
  • We mail referring doctor’s all audiogram results along with our audiologist findings.
  • On-Site ENTs – Referring doctors may choose that a direct ENT referrals may be made by the audiologist if they feel it would be beneficial to the patient.
  • We offer immediate appointments for any patient who has experienced sudden hearing lost.  
  • We now offer Balance Testing.

Refer to our Why Choose Us section for a full list of clinic benefits for your patients.  We focus on patient satisfaction.  


When do we refer to Audiologists versus ENT Physicians

Audiologists and ENT physicians both treat hearing loss but there are differences between the two.  Audiologists are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss.  Audiologists work with patients to help them develop coping skills and provide expert advice on the selection of hearing aids and other assistive devices.   When the patient’s hearing loss has an organic or physical cause, the audiologist might recommend seeing an otolaryngologist for corrective treatment.  ENTs or otolaryngologists are physicians and surgeons who specialize in treating the interrelated systems of the ears, nose, sinuses and throat. They can treat injuries of the ear, malignant or benign tumors, and neurological problems that cause hearing loss or balance problems.  They’re highly skilled surgeons, able to repair perforated eardrums or fused middle-ear bones among other conditions.